The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons #2) - Julia Quinn Another great one in this series. I've been reading them out of order and I think this is the funniest one yet. Especially in the first half of the book. The banter between Anthony and Kate is superb. Had me laughing out loud on several occasions.

What I really liked about this book is the friendship that Anthony and Kate form before they begin to fall in love. Her phobia of lightning storms and his phobia of an early death were great plot devices. How they both helped each other through it made their romance all the sweeter.

The books in this series are pretty formulaic but it's a formula I adore. Also, I found the inclusion of all the secondary characters (his large family and her small family) to be non-intrusive and pertinent to the plot and character development of both Anthony and Kate. In some others in this series, the Bridgerton family seems wedged in non-organically. Maybe it's because this is only the 2nd book in the series and there is less need to provide follow-up on the other siblings.

Great read. Highly recommend.