How the Marquess Was Won - Julie Anne Long After reading some not-so-great reviews, I was worried that I wouldn't like this book butI decided to read it anyway. I'm so glad I did. I didn't love it as much as "What I Did For Duke" but that would be a very hard book to top (it's firmly in my top ten favorites).

What I loved:
*This was a character-driven novel. The romance wasn't overshadowed by side characters and secondary plot lines. There were no cartoony villains, mysteries, chase scenes or big misunderstandings. Just two people who spend time talking, getting to know each other and then fall in love.
*The heroine, Phoebe, was fantastic. She was clever, witty and self-aware. She never did anything incredibly stupid and was honest with her feelings.
*The hero, Julian, was also great. I love a misunderstood hero who longs for someone to love him for himself instead of what he represents. And his scene with the cat forever endeared himself to me.

What I didn't love:
*The conflict that prevents Julian from proposing marriage to Phoebe didn't seem that insurmountable and I kept having to remind myself why he needed to marry Lisbeth.
*The ending was a little odd and anti-climatic.