Once Upon a Winter's Eve - Tessa Dare I may start refering to this novella as The Disappointment. I'm not a huge fan of Tessa Dare but have been enjoying the Spindle Cove series so I snagged this novella when I saw the low price. I think I should have taken some time to read more about the premise, though, before I clicked on buy.

Let me start with the good stuff. Tessa Dare's writing style is crisp and clean. Dialogue is great and she has a nice touch with humor and wit. She also allows the unexpected to happen and her plot took twists I didn't alway see coming.

But here is why I didn't enjoy this book. *****slight spoiler*****. The H/h have already fallen in love before the book begins. One of my least favorite romance themes is "second chance at love". So while this isnt technically that theme as there are extenuating circumstances, it has that same feel. First meeting, first kiss, first sexual encounter are all revealed as flashbacks. I want to read these events as they happen. Enjoy the build up. Instead, I felt like I was reading the last five chapters of a novel instead of a stand alone novella.

If you are a fan of second chance books, you might enjoy this. I'm not so I didn't.