How to Misbehave - Ruthie Knox Reading this novella is like listening to a great unplugged, acoustic version of a song like Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit." It's got all the great elements I love in a full length romance book (likeable characters, great prose, and fun premise) without any loud distractions like sequel baiting, secondary characters, or complex plotting. Just a straightforward, character driven story whittled down to its true essence.

Amber and Tony are a couple of lost souls. Amber doesn't know who her true self is and Tony is afraid he does know who his true self is. By coming together, they are able to help each other find their real selves. Because this story takes place in a just a few days, I like how the author carefully sidesteps Insta-love while still making it clear that true love is in the stars for both of them. The sex scenes are perfect and don't veer into erotica territory and overwhelm the romance. There are nice touches of humor in their conversations and I had a big smile on my face when I finished reading this.

Note: I was a little thrown that it takes place in 1999 as I kept waiting for some great leap in time to bring to it forward to the present day but the setting was explainedin the Author's Note at the end.