Prairie Bride (Harlequin Historical, #526) - Julianne MacLean I'm a fan of Julianne Maclean but was disappointed with this book. When I downloaded it, I didn't realize it was her first book. Glad it wasn't my first introduction to her writing because it would have been my last.

What I did like:
The setting. Her description of life on a prairie was fascinating. The struggles, obstacles, and living conditions were so difficult and it made me appreciate my washing machine and oven even more than I already do.

What I didn't like:
The main conflict between Sarah and Briggs. All of it could have been resolved with one honest discussion. So many secrects and half told truths. By the third round of "I don't trust you" and "I can't reveal my secret" and "let's start over" I was ready to call it quits.

The characterization was also lacking. Sarah and Briggs spent so much time consumed with secrets that I never got a true sense of who they were or why they should fall in love. The sex scenes were very underwhelming but I realize now that it's probably a limitation based on the publishing line.

So overall, not a great read but not a wall flinger either.