The Other Side of Us (Harlequin Superromance)

The Other Side of Us (Harlequin Superromance) - Sarah Mayberry Not a lot happens in this book. But that's okay because it was written by Sarah Mayberry and she can make nothing seem like something.

It's a quiet character driven romance between two wounded people (one physically and the other emotionally). There are no big secrets, no misunderstandings, and no side characters to clutter up the coming together of two very real and grounded people. If this were made into a movie, it would be pretty dull because of the basic ordinariness of Oliver and Mackenzie. Yet somehow I was still drawn in and I loved watching their love story unfold.

It won't rank high on my lists of favorites by Mayberry but I am still glad to have read it. Maybe it was just a little too quiet? Or maybe my romances need a little more conflict? Or maybe the dog plot got on my nerves a bit? Not crazy about the idea of owners not spaying or neutering their pets. And what grown man who isn't German or a baker names his dog Strudel? . But these are just minor quibbles in an otherwise enjoyable read.