One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)

One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2) - Sarah MacLean Sarah MacLean's books are usually hit or miss with me. This one falls in between: It wasn't great but also wasn't awful. In three months time, however, I won't remember a thing about it other than I read it.

The premise is one I usually enjoy: smart, misfit heroine meets angst-ridden rake and, after some conflicts and danger, trot off together into the sunset.

The sexual tension in this book is really well done. It's quite a while before Pippa and Cross finally cave in to their mutual attraction. They have the usual lusty thoughts early on but both (more him than her) fight the attraction for various reasons. Once they do finally give in, the remaining conflict takes on a "star-crossed lovers" vibe. Maybe I am just a lucky guesser, but I figured out how the story would resolve within the first five chapters so the conflict/resolution at the end didn't wow me.

As always, I enjoy the author's writing style and Pippa and Cross are both likable characters but not terribly exciting or memorable.