Gwynneth Ever After

Gwynneth Ever After - Linda Poitevin This was an okay read. I really like the premise of "celebrity and civilian" fall in love but this book does nothing special with that premise. The hero and heroine are well suited for each other because they are both dull and bland. For a famous movie star, Gareth has very little charisma. Aside from his good looks and willingness to do dishes, I don't know why Gwynneth falls in love with him (in less than two weeks). And what is it about Gwynneth that so captivates him? The most interesting thing about her is her career as an architect. Otherwise, she's a typical harried mother of three without much personality.
The conflict is trite and I've seen similar variations dozens of times, most much better. The big secret Gareth keeps from Gwyn does not seem like it would be such a deal breaker in 2013. By the midway point in the book, I had a pretty good idea of how it would all play out and I was right. It made finishing the book a bit of a chore because it was so predictable.

One bright note is that even with the mundane characters and lack of compelling conflict, there is some good tension in a few scenes. Otherwise, there isn't much I can recommend about this book.